Saturday, February 27, 2010

Jehovah Jireh- God will provide...


This is a beautiful picture of my Auntie Wanda, Gramma, and Mom. They came to visit me last weekend, and we had a wonderful time. I thank God for having such a beautiful family that supports me in everything I do!

I'm sitting here on a beautiful Saturday afternoon, unfortunately inside. However, I do have some Andy Davis music playing, and I am facing the one window that we have in our dorm that is open with a breeze of fresh air circling the room. I can't complain :) It is not ideal to be sitting inside on such a beautiful day, but I am just thankful for this weather, and a time to work on school projects and assignments at my own pace. Praise God for the weekends.

My support-raising has reached a lull, but I still have faith that the Lord will continue to provide. I am at about 38%. I know He is teaching me patience, and I rejoice in that. God doesn't work on our timeline, but instead He has one of His own, and His is perfect. As you may have noticed, I have added a "donate" button to the side of my page. I would love if you would prayerfully consider supporting me on my mission to Australia this summer. Every little bit helps me in huge ways. Ultimately, your making an investment in the Gospel reaching the nations, and that is such a beautiful thing to be a part of. You are more than welcome to donate through paypal, but you may also send me a check made out to Campus Outreach, which will then be tax-deductible. I want to thank all of you who have already supported me in prayer as well as finances. God is using you in my life, and I am so thankful to have so many people surrounding me who give so graciously. Know that I am praying for each of you as well.

The craziness of step sing is finally over, but all my previous commitments are back into full swing, and I am just as busy as I was before. I do know that the Lord has called me to each of these placements in my life, and in the midst of my crazy college schedule, He is giving me the opportunity to impact the people around me. I think a lot of us miss this concept way too often. We get caught up in complaining because of our busy schedules, but really we should rejoice in the fact that we are daily so engaged in the lives of so many people, and God is giving us so many opportunities to really impact them with the Gospel. How amazing! We have the opportunity to be used by God in so many ways, and when we recognize that, He will do things through us we wouldn't believe if we were told.

"Look at the nations and watch—
and be utterly amazed.
For I am going to do something in your days
that you would not believe,
even if you were told."
-Habbakuk 1:5


I am getting so excited about Australia. I still am just in awe that God has presented me with such an amazing opportunity. I can't wait to get over there and just love on those people. I have heard a few encouraging stories about God at work over there and I can't wait to be apart of it. Amy Baxter, an amazing woman I am coming to know better that will be leading us in Australia, told me a few days ago that Australia is the only continent to never have seen a spiritual revival. Let's pray and beg God that He will use our teams over there in HUGE ways and that ultimately people even as small as we are will be used to start something as big as a spiritual revival. I know that God is preparing the hearts of those over there that we will meet, so pray that our hearts will also be prepared to see their needs and be faithful in sharing with them.

"And pray for us, too, that God may open a door for our message, so that we may proclaim the mystery of Christ, for which I am in chains."
-Colossians 4:3


Some prayer requests for this week:
-That I will faithfully spend time in the Word and commune with God in prayer.
-That I will see my time as a gift from God to impact those around me with the Gospel.
-That I would love the people around me as Jesus does.

It is a blessing to have a place to share my experiences with others. I hope you have been encouraged in someway!

Verse I am meditating on this week:

"Do everything without complaining or arguing, so that you may become blameless and pure children of God without fault in a crooked and depraved generation; in which you will shine like stars in the universe as you hold on to the word of life-in order that I may boast on the day of Christ that I did not run or labor for nothing."
Phillipians 2:14-16

1 comment:

  1. awesome courtney! your blog is looking very legit! =) keep pressing on!

    ReplyDelete