Sunday, February 7, 2010

In the Australian Outback, the naked eye can detect about 5,780 stars...

Well, this is my second attempt at blogging. Hopefully this one will be a little more successful than the first because the first didn't get past post one. Sad attempt, I know. I am very excited for the reason of this blog, however. I am in the beginning stages of raising support to go to Australia in May on a mission trip with a ministry I am actively involved with on campus- called Campus Outreach. It is funny for me to look back to where I was just over 2 and a 1/2 years ago when I was exploring this ministry. My friend Kendall and I decided to commit going to something called Summer Beach Project, a summer spent down at the beach, getting a full time job, learning how to share our faith and communing together in a Body of Believers. I had no idea really at the time what I was getting into. However, God was looking down at me and he new exactly how he was going to change my life. And He did.
I went back a second year, and led a group of girls in a discipleship group. It was definitely the hardest summer I have ever experienced, but I God taught me so much from it. I remember telling myself, "I HAVE to take classes next summer, they can't ask me to do Cross-Cultural Project (CCP) because I just can't do it." But, with God all things are possible. Within 24 hours of being asked on this mission trip to Australia, God changed my heart like He always does. I then saw that I couldn't say no to the calling of God, even if it SEEMED impossible to me.
God has already taught me so much through this process. I have to raise $6,000 and I have never done such a thing in my life. I raised a little support here and there for Beach Project, but I knew I would always make it because I would be working a full-time job. CCP is completely different because our job over there is full-time ministry. We go on campus everyday, build relationships with the students ultimately to share the Gospel with them, and help those who are already Christians to grow deeper in their walk with God. Although initially in my mind I had no idea where this $6,000 would come from, God has slowly broken me down to see that He provides for His purpose and will for me, no matter what it is. If it's where I am supposed to be, He will get me there. And I trust he will do so in His timing. I have already been blown away at the generosity of my supporters, those in prayer for me and financially supporting me. In this time, God is showing me how great He is, and how He works in the places I would have never thought to look.
Needless to say, I am so excited to keep you posted on my journey this semester, and Lord-willing, my journey in Australia. I know God is doing big things over there and I can't wait to be a part of it.

"Therefore, my beloved brothers, be STEADFAST, IMMOVABLE, always ABOUNDING in the work of the Lord, for in the Lord your labor is not in vain." 1 Corinthians 15:58"

3 comments:

  1. I am so proud of you, sweet girl! You mean so very much to me, and I am touched by how you are striving to follow God in everything. : ) You know this prayer warrior has got you in her prayers!! (I am a "follower" of your blog now... and I'm pumped!) love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Courtney! This is amazing! I cant wait to be in your sweet presence! I want to do something like this. You are sooo encouraging and wonderful and I am so thankful for you! All I can think about is Australia and how much I am going to grow from you preaching the truth to my like that the Lord has put in your heart. I love you. Have a great week and I am soo looking forward to spending the whole summer with you!

    ReplyDelete