Sunday, March 7, 2010

Isaiah 65:1

"I revealed myself to those who did not ask for me;
I was found by those who did not seek me.
To a nation that did not call on my name,
I said, 'Here am I, here am I.'"

This verse is such a beautiful picture of God bringing people to Himself. God reveals himself to people who may not even want Him-- the people in Australia. This weekend was our CCP (Cross-Cultural Project) Retreat. It was just a great time to get together with our teams, and hear more about our mission, why Australia, and what ministry would be like over there. Brian Brown, a Campus Outreach staff member in Brisbane, Australia, spoke about how the ministry had been for him over the years. This verse really spoke to me. Australia is a country that has everything really working out for them. The government takes care of them, and they really have it made. Because they live a lifestyle like that, they don't see a need for Jesus. But even with that being so, God IS at work. I am anxiously awaiting getting over there, and experiencing that.

Being around all my teammates this weekend was so encouraging. Every person really brings something new to the table, and I just can't to get to know everyone better. God handpicked our teams and has such a beautiful glorious plan in our lives together. So sweet is the Body of Christ we have been blessed with. It is so evident that God has made each one of us different, but we all have things that are very unique within ourselves... God given talents and gifts. There is always room for growth, but like it says in Philippians 1:6 "He who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ." God is constantly changing out hearts and making us more like Christ.

We were challenged with support this weekend. We have to be at $3,000 by next Tuesday, and a lot of us are really behind. I originally was feeling overwhelmed, and Satan was just tugging at my heart- telling me complete lies. The Lord is bigger than that though. My faith may be as small as a mustard seed, but I know the Lord will provide. I have faith He will bring me support in ways I wouldn't believe, and ultimately HIS purpose will prevail. I don't doubt the Almighty God. He has no plan B, and the way He works can not be comprehended by us. Please be in prayer for our teams headed over there: That we will all be diligent and bold in raising support, and that we would just trust the Lord and His sovereignty. "When man works man works, when man prays God works." Such an encouragement.

Have a blessed week, and I will be giving an update later this week about where I am with support!

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful thoughts, Courtney! Always encouraged by you!-KT

    ReplyDelete