"But do not forget this one thing, dear friends: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day. The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance."
When I was having my quiet time this morning, I came to this verse. It really spoke to me in a powerful way. So often when we are in prayer about things, we don't understand why we don't get an answer right then and there. But God doesn't work according to our timing, He works according to His. Which is such a beautiful thing. He is so patient with us, but not slow. Imagine if we got everything we wanted right when WE wanted it. It just wouldn't be right.
God has been so faithful these past few months of my life. God was, is, and ALWAYS will be faithful, but I feel like God is really revealing Himself and His sovereignty to me recently. Last weekend when I realized that I need to have $3,000 by next Tuesday, I prayed that the Lord would knock me off my feet in the ways He would provide, as well as grow my faith and trust in Him. He has done just that. Currently I have raised $3,800! Amazing! Thank you so much friends and supporters for all the ways you have provided for me. God has been so good, and He has definitely used each one of you in my life to show me reliance on Him. God will provide what we need, when we need it. I have never felt more confirmation about going to Australia. Of course, I wanted to go more than anything, but this was really such a message from God that is where HE wants me to be. Praise God!
Now, I am on spring break at home in Tampa with one of my best friends, Sarah Sheehan. We have had such a great time so far. Last night we went out and celebrated my birthday (a wee bit early) with my family. My Aunt and Uncle were in town from Kentucky, so they, along with my Gramma and Grampa, Mom and Robert, and of course Sarah, went with me to Kobe's Japanese Steakhouse. So good! One of my favorite restaurants ever. Then we met up with my friend Matt at Starbucks. If you want to know about that experience haha you should definitely ask me about it! Definitely have some great stories from that! My parents just got me a Nikon, so I have been going a little picture crazy. Can't wait to take beautiful pictures of Australia to show all of you.
It's been very relaxing, and it's nice to be able to take a deep breath in and out, and just bask in all that the Lord is doing. At school, sometimes it's hard enough trying to find time for a meal... So it has been great getting to just sit down, relax, and enjoy the Lord. I encourage all of you, even if you are still in school, to find time to do this daily. It is so important that we get rest in our Father, for he makes our burdens light.
"I see Your face in every sunrise
The colors of the morning are inside Your eyes
The world awakens in the light of the day
I look up to the sky and say
You’re beautiful"
Beautiful- Phil Wickam
Until next time :)
yay, I'm so happy for you sissy. God is great!
ReplyDelete