is the BIG day! If you yourself can't believe its here, then you probably wouldn't even be able to imagine the feelings that are welling up within me. TOMORROW? How can it be. I'd like to just add the God has faithful provided me all the means I have needed for my trip- give or take about $100. PRAISE GOD! He has been so good to me. Thanks to all my friends and family who have supported me financially and through prayers- I can't explain what a blessing you have been to me. Because of the time and money you have devoted to my trip, I am able to go across the world to share Christ with people who don't know the gospel. THANK YOU! God is good-- ALL THE TIME :)
We, as a team, have still not reached our full support that we need. We are lacking a few thousand dollars still, so please feel free to email me if you are interested in supporting us so that we can do all that we intend to do while we are over there.
So, as you can imagine, I have a bunch of feelings within me. It has definitely been quite an emotional week. I feel as if I have been in a gray fuzzy area since the end of school. I have had to pack myself up out of my room- move out, and get everything together and ready for Australia. From exams, to packing, moving, buying last minute things, finding places to stay, things to do, etc. it has been pretty hard finding time to just sit down, breathe, and really reflect on this journey God is sending me on tomorrow. I'd be lying if I said I was so excited and not fearful at all. I AM excited, but the closer it gets the more worry I tend to feel. I know a lot of it has been in some part due to the fact that I haven't gotten to go home and see my family, especially my Mom. It is hard for me to grasp that I am going across the world to do the biggest thing I have ever done in my life, and I don't even get to spend time with her before I leave. It has definitely been hard on me. She has been such a support system for me, and I wish I could have spent my last few days in the U.S. sharing excitement and good down time with her. But I know that the Lord is good- and He knew exactly what would happen in my time before I left. He has prepared me for leaving tomorrow even though I may not see how. I think most of all God just wants me to be dependent on Him and nothing else. He satisfies. He loves me. He is sending me to Australia because He cares for me and wants to reproduce His character in me. There should be no fear in that. So today, I am spending the day reflecting on all that God has done for me, and why none of those things should ever lead to fear in my heart. I have a God that goes with me WHEREVER I go. Always. What is more comforting than that? Chocolate. Haha KIDDING.
As I embark on my mission tomorrow with my fellow teammates, I ask that you would pray for:
Our safety traveling to and from Australia.
That we will be fully focused on God and His will.
That we would love one another in such a way that others will see Christ.
That we will love the people there unconditionally and see them as our Father sees them.
That we would be faithful to what God wants us to do.
That we would seek God before any and everything we do.
That we would see God clearly at work before us, and be humbled by it.
God is going to do such big things on this trip and I know that we will come back changed. I can't wait to see all the things that the Lord does- and I am excited to be sharing them with you in hopes that you will be encouraged as well as see how God is moving not only here in the states but all over the world! Much love friends, will be talking to you soon :)
No comments:
Post a Comment